this is the place where i poured stories of my life, my thoughts, my feelings also my ideas.
there's excitement, sadness, laugh, desperate, anger, happiness, and other kind emotions.
i just hope that we can learn something..

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

oreonobakecheesecake project


TAAADAAAAAA!!!
Finally I tried the Kraftfoods recipe for oreo no bake cheesecake.. It was simple, easy and delicious, I am proud of my very first cheesecake. Hey, don't laugh at me, I hate cooking/baking or in other word I hate being in the kitchen, so my no bake cheesecake is a HUGE success for me :)) I think this cheesecake will be noelle's first project when she's old enough to help me in the kitchen..

Here's the original recipe and weight conversion for the ingredients :

What You Need!
1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz. or 500gr) OREO Cookies, divided
1/4 cup (1/2 stick or 60gr) butter, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. or 220gr each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup (180gr) sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tub (8 oz. or220gr) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

Make It!
@ COARSELY chop 15 of the cookies; set aside. Finely crush remaining cookies; mix with butter. Press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
@ BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping and chopped cookies. Spoon over crust; cover.
@ REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

Buuuut, as you know me, I am a rebel in this world and of course also in the kitchen, so I make a rebelious attempt with ingredients and method :p I must admit I used 2 package of oreo each 26 pcs of oreo sandwich weigh total approx 600gr and I used all of the oreo filling to be whipped with the cream cheese.

straight from the fridge..
This is so easy, why can't other cake recipe and method be so easy like this??? :p Just refrigerate overnight and voila, you have your dessert right away.. But I must admit, cutting a cake is a bit tricky for me, my hand is not good on things like that. So with my poor cake cutting technique, I prayed that I did not ruin this white cream filling with blackish colour from the crushed oreo when I pulled the knife..

Oh yeah, I must say that the person who invented oreo is a TOTAL GENIOUS.. It goes well just like that, dipped in milk, with ice cream, cheesecake and maybe you can name any other food or beverage with oreo as one of the ingredients..

Anyway, Abenk drove himself to the office today and just had his lunch at home. For the first time he had dessert after lunch at home, and it was this oreo no bake cheesecake. He finished it just in a blink of eye. Boy, the man didn't know how to eat yummy dessert.. :p

No comments: