this is the place where i poured stories of my life, my thoughts, my feelings also my ideas.
there's excitement, sadness, laugh, desperate, anger, happiness, and other kind emotions.
i just hope that we can learn something..

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

batik tulis dress..

Finally, I braced myself and made a batik tulis dress for me last week.. Usually I only refashioned tired batik skirt, tablecloth or cheap batik. Working with batik tulis was a bit scary because batik tulis is a unique and a bit pricey fabric.. I bought the fabric like a year a go, it was named Cala Culu. Sounds funny, eh?


I did not use any commercial pattern for this maxi dress, as usual I sketch the idea on a paper then marked the fabric with calk and start cutting. For this dress, I only make raglan bodice/raglan sleeve with neck binding, and rectangle for the bottom part. Then I make casing for elastic to avoid bolster look when wearing this dress.


I tried to use all the fabric, including narrow border one side which I use as the sleeves. I make darts to shape the sleeves because I avoid ruffle/flutter sleeve. It turns great and I love the sleeve. In my opinion, this dress was a great concept, but badly executioned. The neck binding is too wide, so I can not bow when wearing this dress unless I want my boobs popping out from the dress :D and the gathering on the chest is uneven, and but un-noticable if I wear it on the night.


I managed to hand-embroidered "Handmade by Glenda" but the result was horrible. In my defence, I was sleepy but insist to finished everything before I went to bed.


I really want to picked the neckbinding and shorten it a bit to make it more wearable, but not now. I am not finish cursing my self... *sigh*


No comments: