this is the place where i poured stories of my life, my thoughts, my feelings also my ideas.
there's excitement, sadness, laugh, desperate, anger, happiness, and other kind emotions.
i just hope that we can learn something..

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fabric Necklace

I found this lovely top at thrift shop, it was a bit pricey, AUD 10.99.. I was shopping with my friend Monica, and she even asked the girl at the register why does the top overpriced. The girl said it was because of the material is some kind of special fabric. Yeah, I know.. It was 100% cotton, so thin and light and see through, flowy and thinner than cotton voile. I bought the top anyway, because the moment I saw it on the clothes rack I know exactly what it will reborn to. 


This is the top.. Size (marked) M top, but it was teeny tiny, it was like XS.. there were pulled seams, I think the previous owner was gaining a lot of weight but insist to squeeze into this lovely top.. 



Ballooned long sleeve meaning lots of fabric :) 



Complicated pattern on the bodice with squared neckline, row of covered buttons, and a bit ruffled hem, it was a gorgeous, floaty and supergirly top.. I think the wearer must put on something like camisole or bodysuit underneath this top.. 



The brand was Cherry Lane Melbourne, the fabric (and maybe the garment) was Made in India. 



And after a few snip in here and stitches in there, tie in here and there in less than one hour, I got one gorgeous necklace. Still got lots of fabric, I can make about 6-8 more of this. 





And the bodice is still intact, I put it on Noelle and she got boho look with the bodice, it became a floaty vest. I might make it as her vest, but I need to adjust the armhole and reinforce the seams that has been pulled due to the thin material.. 




-=G=-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MONICA? hadiiirrrrr hahaahah

I T I S E X P A N S I V E F O R S E C O N D H A N D !

tpi keren lhoooo pas udh jadi kalung
sok atuh di jual ...

Adele said...

thats gorgeous! how did you make that? x