this is the place where i poured stories of my life, my thoughts, my feelings also my ideas.
there's excitement, sadness, laugh, desperate, anger, happiness, and other kind emotions.
i just hope that we can learn something..

Saturday, October 02, 2010

I save the legging..

Been doing nothing much these days as I've been to busy with my usual chores, but I managed to save this legging from being thrown away.. It's from Mothercare, size 3T, color : salmon, bought in June, sooo it's still considered new. Noelle wore it almost everyweek, and we brought it on our vacation in Goldcoast early Sept 2010 because it's hot during the day and cold at night. Then, the disaster happened.



The accomodation we chose was apartment with one king bed (for me and noelle) and one sofabed (for hubby). After he set his bed, I immediately told him to cover the metal base with bedcover because I spy some sharps edges and springs underneath the mattress. But hey, my hubby is world's NUMBER ONE PROCRASTINATOR and mostly it took about one hour or two before he did whatever I asked (if I was lucky) or he fell asleep/completely forgot and not doing what I asked at all.

So, he kept watching the TV while lying on his sofabed, and my girl climb down from our bed and joining her father and then it happened. I saw a small tear and thread pull in her legging, left tigh to be precise, and it happened because she climb up the sofa bed, and then I got upset. Not because of the clothing got ruined, but because IT happened. Things that I already anticipated, but still happened because of PROCRASTINATING.

And to make things more interesting, my 21mth old find a way to amuse herself during the car trip (still on the vacation) i.e : poking the small tear with her finger and make it even bigger. DOH! I saw the tear become a big hole when I took her out from the car. It was huuuuge! And I give my husband the nastiest glare my eyes could make, which screamed "It's all because of you!!"

So, we got back home, but the legging never seen the day until I took it out from the drawer. I sigh deeply, and took it to sewing room and decided that I could do something to save this legging. A small patch to cover the hole so my baby can not poke into it again and making a pocket out of it. There you go, star applique (from scraps of rainbow tee and rainbow skirt) to save the legging. Hopefully it will survive till the next winter.





No comments: