this is the place where i poured stories of my life, my thoughts, my feelings also my ideas.
there's excitement, sadness, laugh, desperate, anger, happiness, and other kind emotions.
i just hope that we can learn something..

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

made my first insulated bag


finally, i made my first insulated bag!


i was making a lunch bag for my hubby a couple of weeks a go, post the finished product at my facebook page, and a friend commented that it would be better if the lunch bag is insulated. well, my hubby workplace has microwaves and he can reheat his lunch meal anytime so i did not see the urge to make insulated bag. but then, summer is aproaching, and it means picnic picnic picnic or strolling strolling strolling and we'll be need cold/chilled drink.. and i determine to try make insulated bottle bag/carrier to fit 1,5 ltr bottle.

i bought outdoor furnishing fabric (from remnant basket), insulate batting with foil, color coordinating nylon strap and set of buckle. i sketch the bottle carrier and figure how to sew it as i go step by step.. it's hard to sew on hard/thick fabric like this, especially on the bottom binding. this is a succeed (yesterday) naptime project, i did this while i cooked rendang. a bit in a hurry, but in the end, i am very happy with the result eventough the insulate system has not proven yet.

my hand aching to make another one!!


No comments: