this is the place where i poured stories of my life, my thoughts, my feelings also my ideas.
there's excitement, sadness, laugh, desperate, anger, happiness, and other kind emotions.
i just hope that we can learn something..

Sunday, April 18, 2010

today i refashioned..

a stripey 100% lambswool, bought at salvo's store last week. the moment i laid my eyes on this jumper, i fell in love with this cream, red and greyish brown thingy. too bad it's too small for me, brand ALEX & Co, size UK 10 while i am a 12-14. but i really have to have it. i paid AU$4.99 to take it home with me, and paid more for the dry cleaning.

i have to use every bit of this jumper. so i ripped the sleeves with seam ripper, very carefully because i dont want to mess with knit. afterwards, i got a bodice and 2 sleeves. a dress and a leg warmer suddenly appeared in my mind.


# 1 : the bodice become a loose fitting dress. i added elastic band on the armhole, neckline and waistline to fit my 16month old girl. still too big for her :(


she bangs! she bang! she moves, she moves! i can't believe she's now dancing!

#2 : hideous leg warmer/legging wannabe. i don't know how to make a neat and even opening for 2 piece leg warmer +elastic casing from knit fabric because i am afraid of cutting and ruining the knitted wool. so i came up with this hideous idea. 2 piece of long tube joined with a piece of cloth in a shape of underwear.. my husband hate this leg warmer/legging wannabe.. he thought i was inspired by superman, batman, spiderman or other kind undies heroes. well, i was going to matched this hideous thingy with noelle's knee length red/grey/cream dress (another project dangling in my mind) so the red-underwear-look-a-like won't show..


but when i tried it on noelle, she looks fine, just fine. cozy and warm, snuggle with her pinky rabbit despite the gigantic red-underwear-look-a-like screaming out on her bum. God bless this sweet forgiving child :)


# 3 : almost forgot to mention, this green pants was today's first project. wide leg sweat pants done in 30 minutes just before brekkie. remember my hubby stripey blanket? this pants made from the scrap of the blanket. still got another 50cmx1m and i haven't decided to make a beanie, cape or else..


she looks so grown-up with this wide leg sweat pants. momma will make you lots of these, kiddo!

i am sleepy because i haven't sleep for the last 36hours. it's nothing, my old friend named insomnia paid a visit after absent for a while, making me feel high with energy but my eye seems to reject the idea of making another sewing/crafting/refashioning project.

and hey, the excitement is increasing because i just checked my inbox and i got an email from admin of The Thrifty Garde Robe asked me to be one of their contributors. I REALLY REALLY WANT TO, but i am embarassed of my broken english, let alone my limited vocabulary on sewing/crafting/refashioning. hmmm, i think i should go for it, shouldn't i? fingers crossed..


2 comments:

Astuty Muid said...

i love this one!.your are very creative mom G!... i'm waiting any idea

Sondha Siregar said...

Creative bangets....!!!!