this is the place where i poured stories of my life, my thoughts, my feelings also my ideas.
there's excitement, sadness, laugh, desperate, anger, happiness, and other kind emotions.
i just hope that we can learn something..

Thursday, May 28, 2009

a shooting star, was it meant for me?


i took a break from the seemingly endless task of being a domestic goddess, and stood on the balcony for a few minutes. the moment i sat back to relax on the sofa, still staring at the night sky, i saw a shooting star in the sky over the building in front of our apartment.

it was amazing. blue, yellow and greenish thing that falls so fast.. beautiful! and then, i thought, was it meant for me? was it a sign? a good omen?

whatever might have been its meaning, it made me feel good because i knew that i smiled and my heart lifted.. whatta strange thing, i thought, that a natural event like that has the power to change the way i feel, instantly. maybe it is because we have instilled in events like shooting stars and solar eclipses, mythic meanings. perhaps, in some cases, i would suppose we do this because the event in the sky might have happened concurrently with some other natural event on earth.

we are always looking for meaning in our lives. maybe, especially at times when our lives seem in flux and in need of more meaning, we impregnate an event like this one with undo importance.

but even as i wrote "undo importance" i think, why should i be so cynical? why not just accept the initial feeling i had when i felt the shooting star uplift me. that is the truth it did. when i saw it, it made me feel good.

let's just leave it at that; and avoid my tendency to think things to death. whether i attached a meaning to something so simple or not, is not the point. the shooting star, any shooting star is beautiful in its own right. it might inspire a poem or a painting. and it certainly, in me, inspires some quick response. MAKE A WISH!! ha ha ha yup, i made a wish, endless happiness.. dont know why, it came out just like that.

shooting star seems like God drawing a line with torch. i guess, He shows us how a slice of time quickly comes and quickly goes. so we need to make use of it wisely because we cannot turn back time no matter what.

"was it meant for me?" sure..

now i got to off to bed so i could wake up early, do my chores in the morning, pick up my mail @ the post office @ cloisters square, pack the suitcase with clothes (mine, abenk, noelle), pack the books and shoes, shopping for bedding (damn, i still havent buy the ulekan @ KONGS)..

so much to do in so little time..

No comments: