this is the place where i poured stories of my life, my thoughts, my feelings also my ideas.
there's excitement, sadness, laugh, desperate, anger, happiness, and other kind emotions.
i just hope that we can learn something..

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

ayam suwir pedas

miss my mom hot and spicy shredded chicken, so i try to make it by my own. did not bother to call her to ask the recipe, just be a bondo nekat.. dig hard my tastebud memory (is there such a thing??) and lots of guessing for the ingredients.. my mom makes this shredded chicken with fried chicken and then shredded manually with hands.. but me, a big LAZY person, hate mess in my kitchen, so i opt to boil the chicken instead of fry it.. no mess, no oil splattering on the stove.. and i bruised the chicken with mortar instead of shred it with hand :-)..

hot and spicy shredded chicken

ingredients :
  • 3 lean chicken breast
  • 4 bayleaf
  • salt
  • 2 shallot (grind)
  • 3 clove of garlic
  • 1 piece of ginger (size of thumb, grind)
grind ingredients:
  • 8 red chillies
  • 7 red onion
  • 5 clove garlic
  • 1 tsp shrimp paste (terasi)
other :
  • 1 lemongrass
  • 3 bayleaf
  • 1 tomato (or 4 cherry tomatoes)
  • salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 5 tbsp cooking oil
method:
1. wash chicken, cover in water, sprinkle salt, bay leaf and grind ingredients (garlic, shallots, ginger), boil until cooked. drain.
2. bruished the chicken breast with ulekan until shredded or you can shred it with both hands. set aside.
3. heat 5 tablespoon oil in a large wok, add grind ingredients (chilli, garlic, shallot, shrimp paste), bayleaf and lemongrass, cook until brownish and fragrant.
4. add the shredded chicken and mixed together, sprinkle with salt and sugar to taste.
5. serve with steamy rice (but i prefer eat it with nasi uduk or nasi kuning).

dont know if this shredded chicken equal with the REAL one, but for me it is a simple dish, takes only a few minutes, and abenk loves it.. :-p he keeps eat it pinch by pinch while i made silverbeet stirfry.

No comments: